Sunday, April 19, 2009

Gotcha Day!
















April 20, 2009





What a morning! We walked to the civil affairs office around 10:45 and went up to the 26th floor and walked into the civil affairs office. They weren't there yet. Our guide said she would wait in the hall and tell us when they got there. She ran in and said they are here. He was so precious. He was even more beautiful in person. He was very quiet and cautious at first but he didn't cry when they handed him to me and Tim had him laughing in no time. He is the happiest baby. We came back to the room and Tim turned on the TV while I did paperwork with Emma our guide. He found music and Gideon began to dance. He just loved it. Later our guide found in some of the notes from the nannies that Gideon loves TV. He is just so precious! We have been so very blessed once again. He is very small as we knew. He can move his arms and legs but not very well. He is not able to sit up by himself. He took right to a pacifier. Not sure if he ever had one but he loves it. Probably because he has never been able to put anything in his mouth since his arms don't bend that way. He is right now playing with Tim on the bed. He just laughs and laughs. He took a bottle for us and is just fitting right in. The Lord knew what he was doing once again. Later this afternoon we go back to the civil affairs office and to the notary for more paperwork and to pay more money. Tomorrow is a free day and it is supposed to be sunny and in the upper 70's. We are so in love and so very blessed. Now I'll post pictures!

15 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

I just couldn't go back to bed...I kept refreshing your page - YIPPEE JESUS!! He is absolutely precious!! How good God is! Oh how little Gideon has probably longed for someone to hand him a paci...now he has a mommy and daddy of his own and he will never long for someone to care for him - forever!! I am thrilled!! I can now go to sleep and pray throughout the night for all the adjustments!! I am sooooooooo thrilled!! xo

Blessed Family Journey said...

That smile just melted me...That's the 'I finally have my family' smile...soooo precious. God is too awesome for words!

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

What a handsome little son you have and I love his smile. I am so glad to see Gideon in your arms. That has just made my day. Can't wait to ready more!

Chris and Sarah said...

I am sitting here crying happy tears. FINALLY, finally that precious child is in the arms of his mommy and daddy that fought so hard for him. Praise God the very long wait is over!

Unknown said...

Jackie!!!
Oh my word--- he is absolutely wonderful!!! he has had my heart since the very first time I saw his photo!!
Enjoy your precious "firsts" with him as you get to know each other.
Praise God of the universe who knew from the beginning of time you were meant to be Gideon's mommy!
Blessings and prayers- kelly

Unknown said...

Congrats on your BEAUTIFUL new son! GOD IS GOOD! HE is gorgeous!

Abby said...

Congratulations Jackie! We are so excited to see Gideon with you!

McNew Family said...

Your son is gorgeous!!!! I remember seeing him on the web. You are a blessed family! Say hi to Emma, she was our guide in March of '08 and to Tiffanie at her shop. Are you staying at the Galactic? Enjoy your China time!

dlmcnew@wwestsky.net

One Happy Momma said...

Congratulations!!

What a great smile he has!

Wishing all the best during your trip and when you get home with your precious boy.

Blessings-

Cathy
LCC group

Sargent Family said...

Tim and Jackie,
Gideon is no longer an orphan!!! We all celebrate with your entire family!!!! It has been about one year ago since we were in Yugan and visited with your precious Gideon. He now has a FAMILY and is going HOME!! There is no place like a home!!!
We will enjoy following your journey and hopefully see you again at the AHH picnic!!!
God bless,
Tim and Carrie Sargent

Keating Mom said...

Congratulations!!! He is just beautiful!! I love that smile :) Prayers for your continued adjustment...

Chasity said...

What a Glorious day, he is precious. I am so very happy for all of you. I can't wait to see more pictures of him, he is a doll! I hope all is going wonderful, I bet he is so happy to have two blessings sent to him who love him so very much and are there for him. God bless your family.

sarahb said...

Beautiful! What a wonderful blessing. What an amazing God we serve!! CONGRATULATIONS:)

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

He is absolutely DARLING!
Congrats!!
From LCC,
Jill

Kris said...

Praise God! I am so happy he is in your arms! NOW that is an answered prayer...

My prayers will continue for all of you!

Kris