Monday, April 20, 2009

4 am

April 21, 2009
I am sitting here at 4am holding my sweet boy and reading all of your sweet comments. I have been crying as I read each one from all of you that have been following our journey for so long, some from the beginning. It really is a miracle, a wonderful act of God that we have this precious little boy with us right now. It could not have been better orchestrated. We treasure all of your prayers and sweet comments so please don't stop. Please pray that I adjust to this time zone, I have been unable to sleep since we arrived. Also I feel like I may be coming down with something so please continue to pray for our health. Gideon seems to be adjusting to us fine. I tried to feed him solid food last night. We had fried rice and wonton chicken soup. He has a hardtime with the solids. I don't think he has been given too much. We took it slow and he got some down. He is just so stinking cute! He has yet to cry. Even now he was just laying in his crib awake and since I was awake I picked him up but I don't think he would have cried. I guess he just got used to not having anyone to respond to his every cry so he doesn't do it. Anyway we are planning another trip to Walmart and maybe go to a park or something. It is supposed to be sunny and near 80 degrees. We love you all and can't wait to show you this precious little boy.

3 comments:

Jesse, James and Lindsey's mom said...

Congrats! Your boy is so cute!!!! Love his smile!

KIM said...

Oh my goodness! I just love reading your posts. You are right, he is stinkin' cute. Can't wait to meet him! I thought I posted earlier but guess it didn't go through. Anyway, thinking of you guys. Shanna is following your blog too. Take care, Kim

toos said...

Hi there,
finally finally finally, your lovely son is in your arms. Please try to visit the orphanage! they are wonderful people!!!
love,
Hanneke from Holland
mom to Meng (adopted from Yugan last month)