Friday, April 10, 2009

Final Travel Plans

April 10,2009
Oh my, so much has been happening for the past couple of days. We did receive confirmation of our consulate appt and set out to book our flights. As I was saying we were having difficulty booking a return flight home. Initially it looked like we would have to stay a few extra days just to get a flight home. I was trying to figure out how we would afford 3 extra days of hotel bills and food etc. Then on Wed our friend called and said he could get us a flight home on 4/29 but it was flying through Germany with an overnight layover. I said no I don't think Gideon can go through Germany on a chinese passport. So after checking into this further I was right I could not. He would need an entry visa which would need to be applied for and paid for. After talking directly with the frequent flier provider and trying dates all the way through May, I began to realize we could not use the frequent flier miles. We were going to have to pay for our tickets as well as a ticket for Gideon. This could be $3000 more that we didnt have. After many tears and crying on my friends shoulders both here in Ky and in South Carolina tickets were booked! My friend Cindy was able to get great prices through United and an even more amazing price on Gideon's ticket. They had told us his ticket was $1000 and there was no better price. Cindy begged them to keep looking. While they had her on hold and continued to look Cindy prayed for a better rate and soon the girl came on and said I don't know where this price came from but I grabbed it. Cindy siad it was from God!. The price was $437. This was an amazing price. While the prices were great it was still over $2000 in addition to the $2000 we were already short. How could we come up with an additional $4000? My friend Shari prayed with me that we knew The Lord would not let us down now. We knew and believed He would make it all happen. Then slowly- money would roll in, several friends donated money and we were able to sell our diamon earrings that we had won. My friend Steph at work took them to a jeweler friend to see how much we could get and after looking at Gideon's picture he gave us $750 for them. Stephs dad got us another $200. The money was amazing. So now tonight we are very close to what we need. He is amazing! Our Lord is a mountain mover! All the mountains have been moved and we are sooooo amazed at what the Lord has done. And now in less than 1 week I will be holding my son!We will land in Nanchang at 8:45 pm on 4/18 and holding our son on 4/19 sometime. We are almost there! We have an awesome God!

2 comments:

Chasity said...

Jackie,
Glory be to God! It is so amazing how he provides for us. I will continue to pray for all of you on your journey to bring Gideon home. I'm not sure how I missed Gideon is in the same province our Jie was in. Is he in the Nanchang SWI?

God Bless your family and your journey to bring your precious boy home!

Robby, Tonja, Caitlin and Marissa said...

I love hearing how God has provided for you guys. You know, I will be stalking your site watching you get Gideon. I hope to see some pictures of the orphanage. Have a wonderful trip.