Thursday, February 26, 2009

Praise THE LORD, We have our LOA!

February 26,2009
After 123 days of waiting we received word of our LOA today. I had heard rumors yesterday that our agency was expecting a package from China on Thursday. So all day today my heart has been racing and my stomach hurting as I anticipated the call. Our agency is in Oregon and we are in Ky so there is a 3 hr time difference so I didn't expect to hear until afternoon. Well I waited and waited and finally at 6:30pm here, 3:30 there I couldn't stand it anymore and I called them. When I called and said who I was Hollen came on the phone and said I must have esp because she was just going to call me. I said does that mean you have something for me and she said yes I am looking right at it. I was so relieved and excited. She is overnighting it to us and we sign and overnight it back. We are 1 of 4 families to receive theirs today but we are the only pre-Hague family. Which means we will get our Travel Approval (TA) sooner. We could be in China in about 6 weeks! I still haven't stopped shaking. I am going to request an update on Gideon and of course tell them his mama is coming very soon! The wait is almost over and one of the verses in Psalms that helped me was this one: " We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." Psalm 33:20-22

2 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

Praise God that precious baby is coming home! I still can't forget the first time I saw his beautiful face show up on the waiting list. We were still in the stages of getting our dossier together so I don't know how you have made it this long. I remember how bad you wanted him because I had felt the same with Jaxson before they would let us commit. I sure hope this precious child knows someday just how much his mommy and daddy loved him. I can't wait to follow yout trip!

Mom Of Many said...

Oh Yippee Jesus!! I am so thrilled for you and Gideon!!

xo Linn