Monday, February 16, 2009

Day 113 and No LOA but An Answered Prayer

February 16,2009
No LOA today but that's ok. It will come when it is time. Though I of course want that time to be now but I am ok. I know that God is in this and that he hears my prayers because he did answer one of my prayers. I told you that we needed a person to come to our house each morning to get the little ones up, fed and dressed and then to school. I didn't know where I was going to find this person. But I knew there had to be someone out there who could come each morning or even live here in exchange for helping with the house and kids. Well, Wednesday night I was writing in my journal and praying and I basically told God that I didn't know how to find this person so I was putting it in his hands. He was going to have to lead me to this person or lead this person to me. And that's how I left it with God. Well Thursday night my 15 year old son, Jordan came home from a friend's church and came running into my room and said, "I found someone!" I said what are you talking about and he proceeded to tell me that he was talking to the church's new youth minister while they were painting and she mentioned that she was a student at Northern Ky Univ and lived at the dorms but was going to need a family to move in with because she could not afford the dorms any longer. Jordan said, " my family is looking for a live-in in eschange for helping with the kids and house." She said no way you are an answered prayer. On Wednesday night she prayed that God would give her a host family to live with and I was here praying for a live in to care for the kids and God led us to each other. She is 19 years old and majors in International Studies. She does mission work in Haiti and recently returned from there. She loves kids and has worked at a daycare and at orphanages. She can start right away helping us in the mornings until I go to China for Gideon. Then I will have 6 weeks off and school will be almost over. She will be gone over the summer but will move in come August. She is very enthusiastic. She came out Sunday night and met us and the kids already like her. God is just so awesome! Sometimes he answers prayer now and sometimes he says wait - I got one now and I am still waiting for the other request. But I know he hears my prayers. His timing will be perfect! Maybe tomorrow. I'll try to get a picture of our new babysitter soon to be live-in. By the way her name is Mallory.

No comments: