Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update

March 3, 2009
Today I received a brief update from my friend Angela in China who was contacting the agency for me. This is what she found out.
He is still taking a bottle. They feed him rice, congee, crackers, etc.
Does he talk? He says few words sometimes. Such as nanny says :Ge Ge (big brother) and he will follow.
Ht 72 cm 28.34 inches, wt 8.5 kg or 18.7 lbs.
Is he a happy baby? Yes if there is someone playing with him or tease him he gets happy.
What comforts him? IF he cries just talk to him comfort and hold him.
How does he sleep? At night, just lay him in bed, he will fall to sleep in a short while. He sleeps on his back or side.
Any other things his parents should know? He is a boy with high self esteem. He gets upset if his nanny plays with other children. He likes to play with toys. He holds toys in his mouth when he plays.
I have asked them not to cut his hair and to send photos. Photos to come soon.

It is just so special to hear details about my sweet little boy. And to think next time I will be there in person being the one to comfort him and to love on him and feed him. I am praying for a departure date of about 4/10. We need TA by the end of March for that. So please pray with me for quick TA. I need to finally get this precious little boy home so he can begin the treatment he needs and can soon play with toys with his hands not his mouth.
My guess is he is about a 12 month size. He is tiny but he is mighty. The next month is going to go by so slowly. I just need to keep telling myself that very soon he will be home at last!
As soon as I get the pictures I will post them.

1 comment:

Chasity said...

Jackie,
Oh what a blessing to get a report about your little blessing. It sounds like he is just a little angel. We are praying for you and are hoping for a quick TA.

All our Blessings,
Chasity...www.thecompletephiferfamily.blogspot.com